Program kicked off with the enrollment of 102 student in 19 professor’s projects. 32 finalist projects competed in the poster presentation session on March 10, 2017. The Award Ceremony is held in the same day. The following is the list of the top ranked 3 projects.
1. Bahar Taskesen, Unsupervised Change Detection in Satellite Images using Oversegmentation and Mutual Information (Advisor: Aydin Alatan)
2. Osman Emre Aydin, Colorful solar cells (Advisor: Selcuk Yerci)
3. Ulas Kamaci and Fatih Cagatay Akyon, Sparsifying Transform Learning for Computational Photon-Sieve Spectral Imaging (Advisor: Figen S. Oktem)
6 publication awards are given to the students based on the following publication submissions:
Egemen Sert, Seyda Ertekin, and Ugur Halici, “Ensemble of Convolutional Neural Networks for Classification of Breast Microcalcification from Mammograms”, Paper submitted to 39th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society
Ulas Kamaci, Fatih Cagatay Akyon, Tunc Alkanat, and Figen S. Oktem, “Sparsifying Transform Learning for Computational Photon-Sieve Spectral Imaging”, Paper submitted to 2017 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP)
Fatih Cagatay Akyon, Ulas Kamaci, and Figen S. Oktem, “Image Deconvolution via Efficient Transform Learning”, Paper submitted to the 25th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO)
Bahar Taskesen, Beril Beşbinar, Alper Koz, A. Aydın Alatan, “Unsupervised Change Detection in Satellite Images using Oversegmentation and Mutual Information”, Paper submitted to 25. Sinyal Isleme ve Iletisim Uygulamalari Kurultayi (SIU 2017)
Berk Kaya, Savaş Özkan, and Gözde Bozdağı Akar, “Noise Reduction on Hyperspectral Imagery Using Spectral Unmixing and Class-Labels”, Paper submitted to 25. Sinyal Isleme ve Iletisim Uygulamalari Kurultayi (SIU 2017)
Mertalp Öcal, Kazım Ergün, and Gözde Bozdağı Akar, “Comparative Analysis of Hyperspectral Feature Extraction Methods in Vegetation Classification”, Paper submitted to 25. Sinyal Isleme ve Iletisim Uygulamalari Kurultayi (SIU 2017)
84 students enrolled to the STAR program in which 15 professors offered projects. 19 finalist projects joined the poster presentation competition. The following is the list of the top ranked 3 projects. Murat Can, Başer and Deniz gave a short presentation in the Awards Ceremony on October 23, 2015.
- Amorphous lattices for photonic integrated components – Murat Can Sarıhan
- A semi-autonomous omni-directional ronot that can navigate an obstacle path – Başer Kandehir
- Modelling of solar cells – Deniz Turkay
Additionally, METUSAT team were awarded due to their success in the 2015 International CANSAT competition.
- CANSAT Competition – METUSAT team
22 students enrolled to the STAR program in which 11 professors offered projects. All finalist projects received awards in the Awards Ceremony on June 10, 2014.